UNIBEN Shuttle Bus Catches Fire

A University of Benin shuttle bus which conveys students and others from the main campus in Ugbowo to the Ring road Park caught fire today while transporting passengers.

The incident happened along wire road and led to some passengers (made up of both students and non-students) sustaining various degrees of injury as they scrambled to get out of the bus and flee the from the flames.

Witnesses at the scene said that the bus was in motion when parts of it suddenly burst into flames but the driver was quick to respond because the bus stopped almost immediately the fire started.

After everyone had successfully escaped unhurt, the bus was left to keep burning with little effort to put out the flames.

Drivers have been warned to make sure their buses are in the right conditions before using them for transportation.

For all the latest UNIBEN updates, Download the eUniben android app by clicking here






For all the latest UNIBEN updates, Download the eUniben android app by clicking here



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *